What does a vegan revolutionary have for breakfast? Some days you just want to feel normal, like everyone else. No food issues. No living proof of your strong ethical animal treatment beliefs. Just one of the crowd. What could be more normal that a corn muffin?
I give you a simple, delicious, nutritious recipe that will fool your non-vegan friends into believing that you’ve given it all up.
• 1 cup corn meal (fine ground)
• 1 cup flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 4 tablespoons sugar (or sweetener equivalent)
• Salt to taste
• 1 cup alt milk (e.g., almond or soy work well, so does regular milk for non-vegans who don’t want to go all the way)
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1 ½ tablespoons cider vinegar
• 1 ½ cups of cooked corn (I often use frozen and put it in water for about an hour to defrost, fresh off cob is delicious but not always practical)
1. In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients
2. In another bowl, whisk all wet ingredients
3. Dump wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix.
4. Place into pre-heated 350F degree oven for 23 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins. I use those little paper muffin cups. If you can make it work without them, more power to you!