SUMMER SALAD PLATTER
Front porch lunch, town park cookouts, or a small drinks and salad supper with friends. This big, pretty plate of food is all make-ahead—and most of it just chopping and slicing. Fresh summer vegetables, whatever you grow or find at the farm market, boiled eggs, poached shrimp—perfect picnic fare or fine summer dining. Use the spicy remoulade sauce below or your favorite salad dressing. Ingredient quantities flexible to suit your table—or platter. Recipe below serves 4-6.
- 24 shrimp, poached and chilled
- 4 hardboiled eggs, cut into quarters, lengthwise
- Mixed greens, or roughly chopped lettuce
- 1 cup peas, blanched
- 1 summer squash, sliced very thin
- ½ large colored bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup lightly pickled cucumbers (or other pickles)
- Salad dressing for shrimp
Mix chilled shrimp with this spicy Remoulade sauce (or your favorite dressing). https://www.talkrealnow.com/eggs-remoulade/ Place extra dressing in small bowl in center of platter. Spoon shrimp salad around center of platter. Surround all with sliced eggs and colorful vegetables. Add some crusty bread or biscuits and some cold white wine—you’re all set.
The Kitchen Hive