Stuffed Chicken Comfort Food
Sometimes you need to abandon that healthy food dinner thing and fix one of those stay home and watch a movie, easy to put together comfort food things. Here’s an idea—chicken, cheese, spinach, bacon, all wrapped up in one package. There’s probably not a community cookbook around that doesn’t have some version of this quick and easy weeknight supper.
• 4 chicken thighs, flattened
• 1-2 cups spinach, shredded and sautéed briefly in olive oil
• Paprika, garlic powder, pepper to taste, rubbed over chicken pieces
• 4 oz. softened cream cheese
• 4 tblsp grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tblsp mayonnaise
• Chopped parsley
• 4 slices bacon
Mix cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise and parsley—add spinach and mix.
Spread cheese over chicken pieces—roll each piece loosely and wrap with bacon slices.
Bake for 30 minutes in 375’ oven—meat thermometer to register 165’.
Broil briefly or use kitchen torch to crisp bacon.
The Kitchen Hive