ROASTED PEACH AND PROSCIUTTO SUMMER SALAD
Peaches in summer desserts are hard to beat. Peaches in a savory salad? Pretty darn good too. The best part of this kind of dinner salad is that almost any other add-in works with this basic dish—olives, pimentos, croutons, toasted pine nuts, a little shaved parm, etc. The sweet-sour dressing adds a certain je ne sais quoi to this flavor-filled summer salad.
- Cut peaches into generous slices. Spread on parchment-lined baking sheet and season with a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Bake at 225’ for about 1 hour—then let cool.
- Tear prosciutto into pieces.
- Combine peaches and prosciutto on platter—top with crumbled blue cheese—add any other toppings–set sliced avocado in center.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Combine fairly equal amounts of white wine or rice vinegar, raspberry sauce or softened jam, and mayonnaise. Add salt, pepper and a few drops of hot sauce to taste. Whisk to combine and/or emulsify with immersion blender.
The Kitchen Hive