PROSCIUTTO EGG BASKETS
This is one of those breakfast, lunch or dinner treats. Easy to put together, kid friendly, and who doesn’t like a ham, egg and cheese meal? Breakfast for a crowd potential—set up the muffin tins with the prosciutto and cheese the night before, cover and put in fridge, add the eggs and bake in the morning—serve with buttered toast and jam. Add a couple of sides, and you have a nice lunch or supper.
- Using your hands, thoroughly coat insides of muffin tin with olive oil—you want the baskets to release easily.
- Cut or tear pieces or strips of prosciutto, and thinly line each muffin cup—overlap pieces to cover bottom and sides of cup.
- Add about 1 tblsp of shredded cheese to each cup—cheddar, Mexican, Swiss—if making ahead, cover and refrigerate
- Carefully break an egg into each basket and top with salt and pepper
- Bake in 375’ oven for about 15 minutes—until whites are set and yolks are runny
- Let rest for 10 minutes or so—run knife around each cup and carefully remove basket
The Kitchen Hive