Down our way, folks take peaches seriously. Which orchard is picking? Will they have any left by lunch time? Are they selling by the bushel? Peach pie, peach ice cream, peach cobbler—or just plain peaches in hand, with juice running down the arms—we love our few weeks of peaches. Everybody’s favorite local wedding caterer included her favorite, and famous, peach cocktail for summer weddings in her plastic-ring-bound cookbook—and aren’t we glad she did? So here, adapted from Kitty Caters, is her delicious, gorgeous drink—mocktail or cocktail, your choice!
• 1-6 oz can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate (or add a little cranberry juice to plain lemonade for pink color)
• 4 ice cubes broken up a little
• 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
• 6 oz. of lemon-lime soda for Mocktail, or
• 6 oz of rum for Cocktail
• Kitty recommends using the lemonade can to measure!
• Whirl in blender or food processor until frothy—makes about 2 ½ cups
The Kitchen Hive