This is one of those pantry recipes that fits into the “60-minute gourmet” category. No hard-to-find ingredients, no tricky prep—just a great combination of tastes—and a wonderful aroma in the kitchen. Use white or dark meat boneless chicken pieces cut into serving size pieces. Add some steamed rice and a salad or cooked vegetables—and call it dinner.
• 1 to 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken
• 2 tblsp butter
• 2 tblsp lemon juice
• Crushed garlic or garlic powder to taste
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 2-3 tsp chopped rosemary (or more)
• 2-3 tsp chopped parsley (or more)
• Red pepper flakes to taste
• 1-2 tblsp honey
• Lemon slices
1. In saucepan, combine all except chicken, lemon slices and capers. Cook slowly until butter melts and ingredients are well blended.
2. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
3. In an oven-proof pan, melt 1 tblsp butter and when hot, sear chicken on all sides until browned.
4. Remove chicken and sear lemon slices.
5. Return chicken to pan with lemon slices and pour melted butter sauce over all.
6. Bake in 425’ oven for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally, until chicken temperature reaches 165’.
7. Garnish with capers and a bit few sprigs of rosemary.
The Kitchen Hive