I have a confession to make. I love my George Forman. Can I hear that again? I LOVE my George Forman Grill—the lean, mean, fat-reducing machine. Mine has the removable plates for easy cleaning. It doesn’t get much better than that.
One of my favorite recipes for the old GF is infinitely flexible and frequently relied upon to quickly satisfy me at the end of a long, busy day.
Grilled Lemon Chicken
• Boneless, skinless breasts or thighs
• Juice from one big (or 2 small) lemons
• Generous helpings of fresh or dried herb/spice of choice (e.g., tarragon, parsley, basil, cumin, cilantro—whatever you have)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put chicken in bowl to marinate.
2. Add herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Cover with lemon juice. Toss and let marinate at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
On the GF, I check it after 10 minutes of grilling. Thighs usually need a little longer than breasts. In a grill pan, check at 5 to 7 minutes then turnover and continue cooking for another 3 to 5 minutes or until done (no pink inside). Serve with greens or on top of salad.
As a delicious alternative, before you juice the lemon make lemon peels to add to marinade. Add some cumin and mint (fresh or dried), salt and pepper to taste, then marinate as usual and grill. Yum!