Every once in a while, a recipe comes along and you become completely addicted. I mean can’t stop eating good. Am I surprised that I have developed such a relationship with cauliflower? A little. White vegetables have never been a favorite with me. Do I resent this desperate relationship? Not a bit. I would never go back to a world that didn’t include Cauliflower Crack. Even kids love it.
Stop reading now if you don’t want to become addicted. Final warning! I am serious. Ok, go ahead, because being good never felt so bad.
- 1 large or 2 medium cauliflowers, broken into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tablespoons of capers
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tarragon infused or plain white vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup (or more) of roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place cauliflower in steamer in large pot with cover. Water should come up to the bottom of the steamer. When water has boiled for 1 minute, lift the cover for a few seconds then cover the pot again. This is a surprisingly crucial step. Steam for 7 more minutes and remove cauliflower to a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup, whisk (or mix or shake in a small jar) garlic, capers, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- When cauliflower is approximately room temperature, toss with the parsley then dress and toss some more.
- This is a dish to easily make in advance, since it gets tastier and tastier as time goes by. Only do this if you know you can control yourself.