A SAUCE FOR ALL SEASONS
Every once in awhile a combination of flavors comes along that seems to work as a condiment for all sorts of dishes—seafood, pasta salads, a dip for berries or cut fruit, simply poured over a lettuce wedge—-and even for desserts. Add some heat or not—make it more or less sweet, depending on use. As you put the ingredients together, add as much or as little of each—taste often, until it’s just right, and you want to just finish off the bowl. An exquisitely versatile sauce or dressing—simple and delicious. Recipe makes a little over a cup.
- 1 cup of your choice of base—yogurt, sour cream, mayo—or some of each
- Grated fresh ginger
- Juice of ½ lime, or up to one whole lime
- Soy sauce
- Garlic—grated clove or garlic oil
- Honey or fruit jam (apricot, orange, passion fruit)
- Salt to taste
- Tabasco sauce/ sriracha (optional)
Add all ingredients and whirl briefly with an immersion blender. Best if chilled before using.
The Kitchen Hive