What makes chocolate taste like chocolate? Why vanilla, of course.
Vanilla adds great taste to a lot of things and it is SO easy to make!
- Fresh vanilla beans
- Vodka or rum (doesn’t have to be fancy)
- Jars with tops (cork, twist, whatever you’ve got—pretty helps)
- Break vanilla bean into pieces.
- Distribute vanilla bean pieces into bottles.
- Use funnel to pour vodka or rum into the bottles
- Place bottles in window and leave them for a month and you’re done!
You can redistribute the vanilla extract into pretty small bottles—makes an excellent gift. You can also use for mixed drinks. One note on this: upgrade on the booze if you’re going to make vanilla infused cocktails…