Sounds fancy, right? This salmon dish could NOT be easier. It takes 1 minute of prep and between 20-25 minutes cooking time. Now that’s my kind of meal!
Salmon en papillote
• Lemon pepper (prepared spice mixes are great!)
1. Place salmon on piece of foil large enough to wrap the entire piece of fish like a present.
2. Sprinkle fish with lemon pepper.
3. Wrap fish in foil making sure that no air can get in or out—that is key. I usually leave a little room in the pouch for the fish to steam in its own juices.
4. In a very hot over (500 F/260 C) cook for 20-25 minutes depending on thickness of fish. Don’t worry, you will not overcook it. Salmon provides plenty of oil to keep the fish juicy.
5. Serve with your choice of veg (green leafy is good) or salad and rice or fingerling potatoes.
6. Delicious hot or, in the unlikely event of leftovers, cold.
Most people (I suspect that I mean me) do not know that the secret ingredient in lemon pepper is…salt. There are salt-free lemon pepper alternatives, if salt is not your thing, (a reality I will never understand).