I am not a chef–far from it! Then I got hungry. There was nothing to do for it but head to the kitchen. I’ve never looked back.
I thought back on the toys that I bought in order to become relatively competent playing with food. While I did buy a fair amount of junk that is still gathering dust in my kitchen, these are the tools I use the most. I think you’ll be surprised.
1. A decent paring knife is essential for an un-frustrating and fun time in any kitchen.
2. A set of different sized whisks–one for salad dressing, one for eggs, one for pancake like things.
3. This is the piece of equipment that changed everything for me! Your fingers will never smell like garlic again with the garlic twist! (And it’s on sale for only $2.48–get one for everyone on your holiday list. Go ahead, rock their kitchen world!)
4. This is the one that started it all. The kitchen item that made me believe that I, too, could cook. My lean, mean, fat-reducing machine: My George Forman–with removable plates for easy clean up. This is exactly the one I have now. I’ve had others in the past, but this one is my all time favorite.
5. Finally, I will close in the spirit of easy clean up with the indispensable: parchment paper!
In the next few weeks, I’ll follow up with the kitchen toys I really don’t want to live without, but that I’m really happy that I own them now. In the meantime, happy cooking!!!
The usual disclaimer applies: if you click on these products through this website, I get a tiny share in the profits. If you’re going to buy these products anyway, I’d really appreciate it if you’d click here to buy! Thanks!
THIS JUST IN***
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”