Lazy Lady’s Apple Tart
There’s nothing like the sweet smell of an apple pie baking away in the oven to chase away that “will winter ever end” cabin fever. This has got to be the simplest, most bang-for-the-buck “apple pie” tart imaginable.
• Unroll a store-bought pie crust—bring it to room temperature first
• Set it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
• Peel, core and chop 4 apples in a bowl, then add:
o ½ cp sugar
o 1 ½ tblsp cornstarch
o Cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, combined to taste
• Mix apple mixture well—it should start to smell good
• Mound the apple mixture in the center of pie crust, leaving 2” margin
• Fold piecrust margin all around, easing in excess and making a pinched- together border around the apples—make it stand up a little
• Pre-heat oven to 400’
• Put baking tray with tart in oven and immediately reduce heat to 375’
• Check after 25 min—when it looks done, it’s done!
For a nice shiny top, melt a little apricot jam and brush over pie while it’s hot from the oven
The Kitchen Hive